Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bruised, and Broken

A while ago, nearing the beginning of 2009, I got bored with some bluish, purple, and green eye-shadow colors and decided to make a bruise. I was in the mood for an interesting default picture, I suppose. So, i got some Vaseline and spread it in my desired locations upon my face, and created the story of a female who had been beaten by her boyfriend. Inspired by a book that I read of a thirteen year old girl dating an older man who abused her. (The book was written by a friend, and I asked the friend for permission to use the story as inspiration for my character. I painted the bruise-like colors on my cheeks and they stayed pretty well.  Here are a few photos of my results at that time.





In the end I liked the way it looked, and I'm going to try another photo with this sort of effect on it, except I'm going to try some posing and such with mine. Actually staging it, and all of that other interesting stuff. I think that I'm going to try and add the bruises to my next creation. :]


Cannibalistic, Chester VonZombie

No comments:

Post a Comment